Frederick County Business Roundtable for Education (FCBRE)
The Frederick County Business Roundtable for Education (FCBRE) helps develop strong connections between classroom learning and the business community and promotes academic excellence.
The Chamber has partnered with Frederick County Public Schools, Frederick Community College, Fort Detrick, and the Office of Economic Development to establish a 501c3 through the Community Foundation. Many local businesses have already made tax-deductible investments in our county’s future workforce. The partnership supports educational initiatives within the school system and addresses workforce needs in the business community. It is designed to provide ideas, perspective and real-world experiences that increase opportunities for students and teachers. The goal: to help prepare the next generation of business leadership in our community.
The Frederick County Business Roundtable:
- Addresses workforce needs in Frederick County
- Links students to the business community
- Creates comprehensive, real-world learning opportunities to prepare students for the future
- Provide financial resources to underwrite the cost, allowing staff to direct, facilitate and support business involvement and ensure positive results
- Volunteer time and expertise in helping students prepare for the world of work
Through the Roundtable, the business community will articulate a strong message that diverse educational backgrounds and various skill sets are important and convey other industry information to the student.
Questions about FCBRE? Contact Barbara Haber, Executive Coordinator, or visit fcbre.org.